Ayanna's Garden Cafe

This is all about my adventures in urban gardening. I'm branching out!

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Wrong Foot Already

I started some seeds on Sunday, but I still haven't finished preparing them for indoors. I still need to water a few of the plants and cover them with plastic baggies. I may have killed them already...

It is because I've been distracted. The weather was perfect this past weekend, then it got down-right aweful these past few days. It has been raining, but that leftover winter rain that is cold and gloomy. I hate it.

And I have been plagued by these hideous black and red bugs all through the house. I was told by a neighbor that they were here because of the maple tree, but I see more of them near my windows than I do on the tree out front. I got so sick of them that I sprayed them one day a few weeks ago. Didn't kill nearly enough of them.

I don't want to commit genocide, but these things are pests. They fly all over the house, and get into everything. While they seem harmless, I have no idea if they truly are. My schleflerras were being attacked by these bugs daily, and they got so sticky and disgusting that I thought I might have to throw them out. After I treated them and moved them to the basement, no problems at all.

Well, I don't have that long to write, and since I have been neglectful this week, I will need to make up for that neglect by covering those plants before I leave town tomorrow. When I come back, I should have a few sprouts on those plants which I did cover. So far, I took care of about 5 pots, so I still need to cover the last sugar peas, the sunflowers, the cilantro and the peppers.

Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home